Almost every second person, nowadays, is struggling with pimples and zits on the skin. Well, this is nothing but Acne. Although the people between the age of 12 and 25 are more likely to be affected by acne problem, but even people beyond than this age group can suffer from this problem. Also, it is quite surprising to know that the boys are more prone to acne than girls. The Acne usually lasts for 4-5 days before settling, but it can last for a lifetime as well! So, it is required to pay attention towards this skin condition.
What is Acne?
It is a skin condition that causes pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and other such skin problems.
What are the types of Acne pimples?
According to the best skin specialists in Delhi, there are different types of pimples:
- Blackheads and Whiteheads: Oil, bacteria and dead skin cells block pores and cause small lumps called blackheads or whiteheads. If the blocked pore remains open, it appears blackish in color and thus, is said to be blackhead. Similarly, the closed blocked pores appear whiter and are called whiteheads. These pimples are easy to treat.
- Papules and Pustules: When the pores get so irritate that their walls break, you come across bigger pimples called Papules and Pustules. The papules are hard to touch and the papules gives you the feel of sandpaper when you touch the skin around it. Unlike papules, the pustules are filled with yellowish, liquid pus. These pimples are hard to deal with and so you must contact the specialists to get an acne scar treatment in delhi or any other part of the world.
- Nodules and Cysts: When the blocked pores become even bigger, they are called nodules and cysts. As they go deeper into the skin, they hurt like hell! Nodules are hard while cysts have pus and are thus, softer.
The problem is not over with the going of pimples, since they leave red or dark marks on your skin. These marks usually fade in weeks, months, but sometimes they remain throughout life. This is not less than a nightmare. You need not feel panic, rather you should visit the experts for the best acne scar removal in Delhi or other parts of the world.
What are the causes of Acne?
If you are suffering from Acne, it can be due to:
- Hormonal changes
- Improper diet
- Use of oily skin or hair care products
- Consumption of medicines
What are the tips to get rid of acne?
According to the best dermatologists in Delhi, the presence of oil in the skin is the main reason behind acne. So, you must keep your pores oil-free to get rid of Acne scars. Here are some of the daily skin care tips for you:
- Clean your skin softly with a gentle, non-drying soap like Dove, Cetaphill and Neutrogena.
- If your skin is oily and prone to acne, wash your face with Salicyclic acid of benzoyl after removing all the dirt and makeup applied.
- Do wash your face twice a day, but avoid scrubbing again and again.
- Wash your face even after exercising.
- If your hair are oily and sticky, shampoo them daily.
- Choose the hairstyle that keeps the hair out of your face.
- Stay away from rubbing alcohol or toners that are very drying to your skin.
- Although it is not proven, but some people get worsening acne due to chocolate, high-fat milk, sugar, etc. If you experience any such thing, avoid having that food item.
Never ever squeeze, rub or scratch the pimples. This is not a solution! Rather, it causes further skin infections and scarring problem.
- Keep your hand away from touching your face again and again.
- Try to avoid wearing tight hats, baseball caps and headbands.
- Say No to greasy cosmetics.
- And yes, never sleep without removing makeup at night.
- Try to avoid acne medicines since they cause drying or peeling of skin. Instead, use a moisturizer or skin cream and that also the one that is water-based or ‘noncomedogenic’ and safe to use on face.
- A small amount of sun exposure is must, but never stay in the sun for a long time. This is because it increases the risk of Skin Cancer. Also, because several acne medicines make your skin too sensitive to handle the sun. It is advisable to have sunscreen and a hat if you are taking acne medicines.
And yes, consult with the skin specialists in Delhi or your nearby area before using any acne medicine. Otherwise, you might land up with redness or peeling of the skin.