Everyone knows about the relationship between smoking and cancer. Not many are aware that smoking has an intense relationship between smoking and hair loss.
Smoking and Hair Loss – An intricate connection
Going bald is a terrifying feeling. Both men and women dread hair loss. Of course, there are various reasons for hair loss, some of which like heredity might be out of your control. One of the reasons for triggering hair loss is smoking cigarettes. Smoking can give you an instant feeling of pleasure, but it also releases a lot of toxic chemicals in your body. These chemicals can affect your body in various ways, and hair loss is one of them.
Effects of smoking Vis-a-vis your hair
• Regular smoking reduces the dilute of blood vessels in the body. Consequently, it disturbs the flow of blood and reduces the supply of nutrients to the hair. Hence, your hair follicles receive less blood than they should otherwise get. It leads to hair thinning and subsequently hair loss.
• Smoking increases the proportion of Dihydrotestosterone also known as DHT. DHT causes the miniaturisation of hair follicles thereby resulting in its shrinking.
• Nicotine is also responsible for other scalp issues like dandruff and dermatitis. It can lead to thinning of your hair, and subsequently hair loss.
• One of the ill effects of smoking is premature ageing. The formation of wrinkles and sagging of the skin can also result in substantial hair loss.
• Smoking depletes the amount of Vitamins A and C in the body. Both these vitamins play a crucial role in maintaining your overall health. The depletion of Vitamin A causes premature ageing whereas the reduction of Vitamin C affects the production of collagen. Both of these aspects are responsible for hair loss.
Hair loss – Is it permanent or temporary?
Many people have this doubt. Your hair loss depends on the location of the hair thinning. Smoking can cause both the temporary “Telogen Effluvium” hair loss and the “Male and Female Pattern Baldness” permanent hair loss.
Would quitting smoking help treat hair loss?
Telogen Effluvium causes the hair to fall all over the scalp. It is a temporary issue that usually clears up if you quit smoking. Changing your lifestyle preferences such as rectifying dietary imbalances, reducing stress, and curing illnesses can also hasten the hair loss treatment process.
Hair transplant can help to cure male and female pattern baldness. DermaClinix is the right location for you to approach for a cure to this permanent hair loss due to smoking. A professional diagnosis will help determine the ideal line of treatment. DermaClinix offers you the perfect guidance in this matter.