Many patients come to get hair transplantation at a very young age (16 to 18 years), since they experience low self-esteem and confidence due to peer pressure and self-consciousness. Most of the patients have unrealistic expectations regarding this situation, which is a great challenge for the physician treating them.
As every case may be a different case, it is important to consider all the factors and expectations before embarking on the treatment. Also, having a consultation with the hair expert is profitable.
- Understanding the expectations of the patients and explaining the whole procedure in detail can help in making them realize that there is no miracle or magical treatment available.
- Conventional treatments such as medications, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy or LLLT ( Low Level Laser Light treatment ) must be taken into account before jumping to hair transplant in case of younger patients. Usually, the patients have very little temporal regression of thinning in the frontal region, which can easily be cured using these treatments.
- Future hair loss is possible in the case of younger patients. So, they must be acknowledged that they might suffer from hair loss, even after the hair transplantation.
- With the rapid increase in the number of hair restoration surgeons, there is a drift increase in the competition between them, which is obvious. But, some doctors take such cases as a challenge which should be discouraged.
- Before planning for a hair transplant, one needs to understand the real cause of hair loss. Androgenetic alopecia is not always the root cause of hair loss, there are many other factors contributing to hair loss (or baldness) including genetics, health conditions and diet.
- If the hair loss is caused by pattern hair loss, it is a quite daunting task to determine the pattern of hair loss at a younger age and also its future progression. Family history, in such cases, plays a remarkable role as it might give you a hint about future progression.
- Patients are advised to have oral drug Finasteride and/ or topical Minoxidil to lower down the hair loss, before looking for a hair transplant surgery. The scalps of the patients are re-examined at regular interval of time so as to observe any improvement in the hair conditions of the patients.
- If there arises a situation that the hair loss progression continues, a hair transplant surgeon can suggest a hair transplant. But, it must be taken into consideration that minimum grafts are used and the vertex area is avoided.
The risk of future hair loss will persist, so it is better to consider it while deciding the optimal hair restoration procedure. It is always good to wait until the condition has progressed, making it easy for the physician to identify the pattern, so that he can make and execute a surgical plan for effective outcomes. Till that, the medication and other alternative therapies must be given to the person.
Note: “For any query, contact us at +918588827963, +918882227080 or mail us at email@example.com”.